Thursday, January 24, 2013

Chocolate Cake with Salted Caramel Swiss Meringue Buttercream - Version 2.0


Ages ago, I made a chocolate cake with salted caramel Swiss meringue buttercream. It was delicious.

B had asked me to make one for our next "girls' lunch," where all of us foreign girlfriends get together for, you guessed it, lunch. The problem is that we haven't had a girls' lunch in ages, so I never made the cake again.

While most of the foods at B's baby shower were related to cravings, I figured there could be a few exceptions - chocolate cake with salted caramel Swiss meringue buttercream coming in towards the top of the list (tomorrow's post will show my number one exception!!).


I used the exact same recipe as last time for the cake and buttercream. As we had so much food, including a couple of sweets, I decided to keep the cake to just two layers, instead of my standard three or four.

Just as before, it was delicious. The cake itself was a rich, dark, moist chocolate cake, while the caramel buttercream was soft, fluffy, and dotted with salt.

Fortunately everybody liked the cake. Unfortunately that means there were very few leftovers. Y, my little brother, and I split the leftovers the following day and it was like the cake never existed.


Apologies for the complete lack of photos - it was too delicious to stop and think to take any. I just wanted to eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment