Thursday, December 5, 2013

Advent Calendar - Part 2




Last night, I got cracking on a few more ornaments - a snowflake, a candy cane and a snowman face - for the Advent calendar. Each ornament is only one main layer of felt, but I thought they would look more finished if I stitched all the way around each one. I like how they look, but I'm not going to lie, it is kind of a pain on the little edges or corners. The candy cane got particularly messy. Ah well. The beauty of this little calendar is that if I decide I don't like an ornament or two, I can just redo it after they are all done - or more likely on November 30th, 2014.

I am now up to eight ornaments, mind you, tomorrow morning is the 6th. I really have to keep moving on this. Anyway, here are close-ups of the other five ornaments. These were the first two that I made, little ornaments (ha! ornament-shaped ornaments).


The next three were a stocking, a pair of mittens, and a gingerbread man. K had no idea what a gingerbread man was. Maybe I should add them to our Christmas cookie list!

No comments:

Post a Comment