Friday, January 24, 2014

Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake




As I posted about earlier in the week, we had a house full of people last weekend. So many, in fact, that I ended up making two cheesecakes, plus a batch of brownies (stay tuned). One of the cheesecakes was plain with fruit topping and the other, this one, was chocolate with Oreos mixed in. I have made numerous chocolate cheesecakes before, always following the same recipe. I follow it pretty closely, the only major change is to just crush up some Oreos for the base, with nothing else added to it. For the cheesecake bit, I follow the recipe exactly.


Once the batter was mixed up, I crushed up about 10 Oreos and mixed them in as well.


Then I baked it in a water bath and it turned out delicious. At the end of the party, the cheesecake with fruits was completely gone. This one was left with five pieces. Knowing that few of the kids got their own piece of cake, it seems that a number of the adults had two pieces each - good thing I made them both!! This cheesecake was gone pretty quickly from our house as well. We are headed off on a vacation soon and the last thing I need is cut up cheesecake sitting in my fridge. Y requested one piece since he only had one piece of the other cheesecake. The other four were plated and taken straight to a neighbor's house. Done and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment